· The original 505™ was born in 1967, coinciding with the Summer of
Love and the cultural explosion in California
· Hitting peak popularity in the ‘70s punk scene, the 505™ was worn
by the likes of Debbie Harry and The Ramones
· The 505™ became an adored garment by the trailblazers and musicians
who defined the decade and still have a presence now
· Because of this rich heritage to the Levi’s® brand, they organization is
launching the 505™C this fall (2016) on the cusp of the 50thanniversary of the original.
· The 505™ was brought back as the 505™C (C for customized) due to
the industry’s focus on vintage and the consumers buying more vintage
505™ to give more of a lived-in feel.
· The new 505™C features a modernized straight leg for a slimmer fit and is available in a variety of finishes, including distressed and ripped looks
Some designer quotes
“The 505™ was a symbol of counter-culture. It rose to fame during an era of unrivaled creativity in art and music. We’re excited to introduce a modern and slimmer take on this classic. It’s equally and subversively sexy on both men and women.”
JONATHAN CHEUNG, SVP GLOBAL DESIGN
“The 505™ was introduced in 1967 and coincided with an explosion of culture in the West Coast. That incredible growth of music, cinema, culture and civil rights and many movements were coming on at that time, and the 505™ was introduced right at that moment.”
They all run for $120 CAD and can be found online here: Levi.com
Note that you can order the Marky style online, but it is not available in-store in Canada, but all the others are!